In this post I will shortly present how to enable the provided RESTEasy CORS Filter in a REST API backend application. Well, it is officially documented, but for me was not that straightforward to use it and I want to share how I accomplished this. If you are new to CORS and want to learn more about it I suggest you read the document from Mozilla Developer Network - HTTP access control (CORS).
In this post I will briefly describe the steps and issues encountered when migrating a Java EE REST API from JBoss EAP 6 to JBoss EAP 7 - this implies migrating from a Java EE 6/JAX RS 1.0 implementation to a Java EE 7/JAX RS.2.0 implementation. The trigger was the announcement from Red Hat regarding the general availability of their JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7 (JBoss EAP) 1. JBoss EAP 7 is based on Wildfly 102, so the code snippets showed along the post should work on Wildfly 10 too.
One of my main concern when I considered the migration from Wordpress to Jekyll was how would I be able to handle multiple authors, because this plays an important role in the website supporting our Coding Friend Program. Fear no more, I have found a satisfactory way to handle multiple authors with Jekyll1 and in this short post I list the main points concerning that.
Not long time ago I have rediscovered an old friend - Bash1 Alias2. We got acquainted at the beginning of my computer science studies, when I visited a course held by Cisco, “Linux Essentials” or something similar, where the trainer mentioned at one point what were aliases and how handy they could be. Well 12 years later, and I still had not got that, until recently, when a flash of illumination struck me and since then I’ve been using them extensively in my everyday developer life. In this post I will present a short introduction to aliases and after that my way of using them.
Well, there were pains - I was experiencing performance issues (caused mainly by memory shortages on a 4GB machine) with the virtual private server from GoDaddy, where I used to host both Podcastpedia.org and Codingpedia.org. Codingpedia was developed initially with Wordpress1, which I still think is a great tool, if you want to quickly start a blog and don’t have programming experience, but it kinda requires a LAMP2 stack, which it’s kinda performance killer from a number of visitors forward. Of course you can always add more hardware to support the website, but that has a limit too. Limited was also the budget I was ready to spend on hosting, by today’s standards.