Last update - October 2014
Our content policies play an important role in maintaining a positive, and especially useful experience for our visitors. The Codingpedia editorial team does not publish articles arbitrarily. We follow a strict set of rules and guidelines. Every article published on Codingpedia fulfills certain criteria: quality of content is important to us, and our job is to advocate for and protect the interests of our readers and the coding community. Every article is reviewed by at least a technical expert before it gets published on Codingpedia.
Publishing policies and rights
- Content - You are fully responsible for the content you create and your comments. The content has to be original, meaning it has to be initially posted on Codingpedia.org and every republishing of the article elsewhere will have to reference it
- the copyright and any other applicable intellectual property rights for the published articles remain solely with you, the author of the articles
- you own the copyright, or have the permission for your profile picture, or other pictures that may appear in your articles
- your articles do not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party
- it is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. If Codingpedia receives such a notification for any of your published articles, we will inform you immediately
- Injurious content is not permitted. It will be removed immediately and might lead to the revocation of your account
- Harassment: Do not harass or bully others. Anyone using Codingpedia to harass or bully may have the offending content removed or be permanently banned from the site. Online harassment is also illegal in many places and can have serious offline consequences.
- Impersonating others - please don’t mislead or confuse readers by pretending to be someone else or pretending to represent an organization when you don’t
- Malware and viruses - you won’t create posts that transmit viruses, cause pop-ups, attempt to install software without the reader’s consent, or otherwise impact readers with malicious code. This is strictly forbidden on Codingpedia.org
- Illegal activies - you don’t use Codingpedia.org to engage in illegal activities or to promote dangerous and illegal activities.
- Sponsored articles - sponsored articles will be visibly marked.
- Codingpedia articles have no hidden advertisements. All advertisements are marked as such.
If you encounter a post that you believe violates our content policies, please report it to us as soon as possible